Saturday, September 14, 2013

Chione Set-Up

Today, there is a post about the Ice World. However, when I started the world up today, I found out that it had exploded. So instead of starting a colony of Yettins, Ice Dragons, and other cold-loving creatures, today I am setting up Chione. This world will be able to support a wolfling run, it will be very cold (though there will be one warm place), there will be a few specialized rooms, and it will be a sort of scenario world.

I don't want Chione to connect to the rest of the world, so I'm going to take the mystic stone thing out of the Meso. Instead, I will put it in Chione's leftmost cave, move the other stone to the ground above it, and create a CA link between them with Magic Words Room Edits. Otherwise, norns that went into the cave would have to trek all the way back along the tunnel until they find a teleporter in order to get out.

As long as I'm in the cave anyway, I'm also going to add a patch of Albian Glow Worms, and plant some Watercup Mushrooms, Tubas, Candyfruit, and Iceflowers, release some snotrocks, add a few toys, and place a couple of Ice Crystals throughout the caves.

I'm also going to change all the fresh water in the tank to salt water, so that I can add some Sponges and Gumin Grass. I'll add some piranhas as well, but don't worry, they're just for ambiance.
At this point I'm also going to spread around some C12DS weeds, to add a bit of danger for an unwary creature.

Next, I'll set up the upper rightmost cave to be the norn home. This room won't have much, but it will be warm and light, and there will be toys to play with, hot cocoa to drink, and a few candyfruits to eat. I've added a Heater, some Glowflowers, some Candyfruits, two Rainbow Lamps, a Cocoa Machine, a few toys, and the Home Smell Parfume.


Remember when I said that there were going to be a few specialized rooms? This is one of them. This is a medicine cave, made just for healing sick creatures. I grabbed the potion vendor from the bridge of the Ark, made one of every type of medicine, and spread them around. I made a few extra of fertility potion and sleepy serum, and left them right next to the machine where they could be easily accessed. I also left a few Pumpkin Potions here, to soothe creatures that aren't sick, just frightened out of their wits. Next, I added a Gelsemium Pot, for its medicinal properties. For the same reason, I put a few Purple Pears nearby. On the left side of the room, I lined up five Sun Cozies, to keep sick creatures just warm enough until they heal. Lastly, I also made five each of Albian Ale and Shee Wine, for use later.

The next cave over is a bar, for creatures to celebrate their return to health. This is where I'm putting the Albian Ale and Shee Wine, along with some Egg Nogg and Yule Booze. Of course, you shouldn't drink on an empty stomach, so I've spread a few Psanky Eggs around, and added an Ice Cream Sandwich Vendor. For the norns who have had too much to drink, there are some Hangover Potions.

I looked around Chione, and decided that the caves were complete. However, the surface needed a bit of "sprucing" up. So, I added some Fir Trees, which, with a little help from the Garden Box, will grow Explodonuts in fall.

As a final touch, I decided to add a Wooden Railing, with an Elevine to allow norns to get up, and a CA link to lead them there. I also made sure to make it walkable by setting the permeability of the floor and walls to 25. I decided that this area was built by the previous settlers, who apparently weren't careful with their seeds. Carrots have been allowed to grow straight through the floorboards, and Bouncing Plums and Apples have sprouted on a nearby mountain.

I hope this helps out anyone who wants to do anything like this with Chione, and I'm especially hoping that my norns will find it fun to live in. I might make a few more guides like this in the future, so if you want me to write one for a particular metaroom, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment